Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have regular bowel movement, but it's yellow, no other…

Customer Question
Thank you. I have...

Thank you. I have regular bowel movement, but it's yellow, no other symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Everything else is normal

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was diagnosed with gerd 11 yrs ago. I suffer from anxiety disorder and my cholesterol is high

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

It just started, I friend of mine mistaken ask me why was my eyes yellow, it was from the sun glare, but I got worried anyway then hours later, my stool was half brown part yellow..then as I kept thinking about it more, it got completely yellow

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Eye
11/13/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 5 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Any fever or abdominal pain?

no fever no pain

Have you ever had this happen before?

No

OK

Usually this can happen and it's nothing more serious than a short bout of irritable bowel syndrome where the food moves a little faster than usual through the intestines

If this were a gall bladder or liver problem you'd have abdominal pain, fever, and nausea

So I really see no reason to worry here but if the stool stays yellow for more than a few more days let your doctor check it out with an exam, blood work and a stool study

Please let me know if you need any more information

Can this be the result of me having Gerd, although I've had it for years, but never experienced yellow stool and is this definitely an indication my bilirubin is high?

Yes--it can definitely be from GERD and no it isn't an indication that your bilirubin is elevated

As I said, this has nothing to do with a liver problem

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)