Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My 7 year old daughter has been complaining for the past…

Customer Question
My 7 year old...

My 7 year old daughter has been complaining for the past week that the outside corner of her eye hurts and is slightly watering. She said it is not the skin around the eye, but her eyeball that hurts. what could it be? should we see a pediatric ophthalmologist?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It has been on and off for the past week. It is usually at night before she goes to bed. She will hold her eye shut and say it hurts. It has been on and off for the past few nights. She never complains so that is why I am very concerned.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, she is an active and healthy 7 year old. She never complains.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
11/13/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Eye pain without visual changes, redness or puffiness is usually due to eye strain and convergence issues.

She definitely needs to go and see a pediatric ophthalmologist for this.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any queries about this.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.