Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter is 3...She had her class picture taken on 10/23…

My daughter is 3...She had...
My daughter is 3...She had her class picture taken on 10/23 and I got the proof back last night. Her left eye looks like it's a little inflamed...maybe pink eye but I don't think it was ever congested...I am concerned that she might have had pink eye and I maybe missed it....I am concerned that it may have caused damage to her eye...What should I do?
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello I'm Dr Chip

How's that eye now?

It looks normal....I think one day *(a few weeks ago) I looked at it and thought maybe she had pink eye but it looked normal the next day and it looks normal now, but it defiatley looks pink in her school picture

Nothing to worry about then

Most cases of pink eye are viral and they resolve on their own without any treatment

So there hasn't been any damage to the eye and you can rest easy

Please let me know if you need any more information

Do you think she needs to be evaluated by an ophthalmologist? She had periorbital cellulitis in her right eye this summer but she was followed up by ophthalmologist and cleared, they said her vision was fine at that point (late June)In the picture, her eye looks a little pink and it looks a little swollen

I really see no reason for an ophthalmologist--her pediatrician can take a look at the eye

But you're really worrying over nothing here

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
ok, thank you

My pleasure and call on me anytime