Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Is it common for the color of our eyes to literally change…

Customer Question
Hello, is it common...

Hello, is it common for the color of our eyes to literally change after having then dialated. A friend of mine just had his eyes dialated this morning and his eye color has gone from dark brown to

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

Literally a glow ini the dark green... the entire eye! He looks like the incredible Hulk! Is this normal after having your eyes dialated?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
11/10/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

dilation of the pupils can cause changes in the angles of how light hits the iris which can change the color of the eyes.

this is very common and normal

http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=916

you can read more there.

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician