Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Ive had a eye stye the last week and it seems to be going…

Customer Question
Hello...ive had a eye...

Hello...ive had a eye stye the last week and it seems to be going away. However, I now have what a appears to look like a black eye under my eyes. I'm worried if it's anythi g serious?

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

A year ago...its been blurry lately

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Recently diagnosed with diabetes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/7/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Welcome to Ja and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. I just came online to see that you have been waiting for some time so ill quickly answer this question for you.
Usually minor black discoloration under the eyes is not anything to be worried about. This can be indicative of a number of things. The first one is a lack of sleep or even dehydration. Correcting these issues would usually result in improvement. Drinking an increased amount of water and also electrolyte rich fluids would be helpful.
Another cause of this could be a nutritional deficiency such as vitamin b12, folate, magnesium, zinc or selenium deficiency and that can be treated with simple otc supplements which would correct the problem.
Now there are other causes which can lead to the black eye but if you could attach a picture of the eye here, i would be happy to take a look to see what else it can be.
Do you have anymore questions?
Please remember to leave a positive rating as that is how we are compensated for helping you today

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated!

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor