Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a short shooting pain around the tear duct of my left…

Customer Question
I have a short...

I have a short shooting pain around the tear duct of my left eye. It comes and goes about once an hour for about 10 sec each time. My eyes are not watering. At first I thought I had something in my eye but it doesn't appear so. Not sure what it is and what to do about it

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It woke me up a few times in the middle of the night last night. There is nothing particular that aggravates this. It just comes and goes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing in particular. I never had any issues with my eyes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
11/6/2017
Eye Doctor: DoctorAnil, Doctor replied 8 months ago
DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Do you have swelling,tenderness,redness on affected area?

Dryness in eyes?

Stuffy nose?

Any other medical history?

Are you taking any medications?
Waiting for your response.

I am 45 years old,
No tenderness, redness around the eye
No dryness
No stuffy nose,
No diseases
No medications,

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,it sounds Dacrocystitis is inflammation of the tear sac.

And now you should take some self care measures like

Take OTC Motrin and Claritin.

Also try OTC Zaditor eye drops 1-2 times alternately with Systane eye drops 2-4 times a day.

You should apply warm compresses on affected area with warm water cloth.

If your symptoms'll persist or get worse over the time then see your Ophthalmologist for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.