Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I poked my eye with scissors by mistake and it went all red…

Customer Question
I poked my eye...

I poked my eye with scissors by mistake and it went all red and started to tear up a lot. I hard to keep my eye open, I feels like there is a scratch or something and when I blink it makes a sound

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Past 30 minutes, blinking makes it worse

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Eye
11/6/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 6 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello I'm Dr Chip

It sounds as though you've got a corneal abrasion here

Nothing too serious since the cornea heals without scarring

But I suggest you have a doctor check it out because I usually prescribe an antibiotic ointment and an eye patch to keep it from getting infected

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)