Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I've been taking drops for dry eye xiidra. The vision itself

Customer Question
JA: Have you experienced any...
JA: Have you experienced any changes or blurriness in your vision? Eye pain? Are your eyes dry or bloodshot?
Customer: yes I've been taking drops for dry eye xiidra
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: the vision itself is fine, i can't open them or have to close them shortly thereafter
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
10/26/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have been diagnosed with dry eye syndrome. You are currently taking Xiidra as treatment.

One of the expected side effects of these drops is burning/stinging when first applied. This should go away in a few seconds. All of the prescription drops for the treatment of dry eyes have this same side effect. As long as this sensation goes away in seconds after applying, that is normal. If the stinging remains, please discuss changing this medication with your Doctor.

I hope I have helped with your question. If not please ask more.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor