Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have a strange dark spot on my face just below my eye.

It's been there for about...
I have a strange dark spot on my face just below my eye. It's been there for about two years.I also have a few red spots. A couple are very distinct, and a couple are kind of blotchy. They are all pretty small.There is also a small white bump on my eyelid.Also there is some discoloration on my forehead. I wear a hat all the time, so i always figured it was a kind if blotchy tan line. A few people have told me that they just assumed my face was dirty. That discoloration has been there for at least 6 yearsMy father recently was diagnosed with some kind of skin cancer on the top of his head. I think he had an operation and they removed it (we dont talk very much).None of these seem to be changing color or growing. And they have all been there for at least 2-6 years.I'm a 39 year old male, by the way.I plan to see a dermatologist but would just like your opinion if this looks like anything i should be alarmed about. Please see the attached photos. Thanks.These photos are forehead discoloration. I will send photos of the other spots in a separate question.
Here is a close up of the skin in that area...
Another
another one
10/23/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello

The forehead is mostly an area of hyperpigmentation and not cancer

You've also got some benign seborrheic keratoses there but those are not cancer.

Let me know if you need more information

What should i do about the benign seborrheic keratoses? I have no idea what that means. Glad its not cancer tho. Do i not need to do anything?

They're just benign growths--fairly common

They don't need treatment but a dermatologist can get rid of them with liquid nitrogen freezing or with a cold CO2 laser

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)