Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I felt something in my eye this morning..looked in the

I felt something in...

I felt something in my eye this morning..looked in the mirror and there is a tiny white dot like the size of a pin head off to the left of the eye under the eyelid..very irritating

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?

Since this morning, no eyelid is not swollen

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am diabetic.. not a severe..blood sugars range from 130-170

10/23/2017
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Do you wear contact lenses?

Does it feel like something is in your eye?

Can you upload a picture that shows the white spot?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

what is your answer to my question

:) What are your replies to my requests for further information so that I might do a better job figuring what is going on with your eyes......

no, I do not were contact lenses
It feels like something is not in they eyeball itself but under the left side of the eyelid right by the eyeball
can not get a photo of it, too small to see with a camera and can not get a good shot of it
wondering if it could be a tiny stye.. can you get a stye there? how can I get rid of it?

Thank you for that additional information.

It is not a stye.

From what you have posted the most likely cause of your discomfort and the white spot on your eye is a corneal ulcer.

This occurs when bacteria start growing on the "meat" of your eyeball.

It can be very serious and, left untreated, lead to blindness and even in some rare cases, complete loss of the globe itself.

So. What should you do?

As these things can get much worse in a short period of time (such as overnight) I suggest you head to the ER for evaluation. Many ERs have an ophthalmologist on call who can come in and examine you, correctly diagnose your condition and start you on antibiotic drops.

Even if the ER does not have an Eye MD on call the regular ER MD should be able to get you started on medication until you can be seen by an eye surgeon tomorrow.

I would not delay seeking medical treatment. This is NOT something you can deal with on your own.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

But it is not on they eye itself it is to the left of the eye on the pinkish part of the skin next to the eyeball
I can see the tiny white dot to the left of the eyeball itself, it is NOT on the eyball. but on the pinkish skin next to the eyeball

A picture, really, is worth a thousand words ;)

Well, then, see an eye doctor tomorrow so that this issue can be properly diagnosed and treatment started.

Your eyes are nothing to mess around with on your own.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD