Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My son got hit in the eye with a nerf dart this morning. He…

Hi, my son got...

Hi, my son got hit in the eye with a nerf dart this morning. He was looking into the barrel and accidentally pulled the trigger. His main complaints are light sensitivity,watery eye, redness in the white part of the eye. I don’t see any bleeding around the iris of the eye but the pupil of the injured eye seems smaller than the other. He had some bluriness this AM but he says it’s better now. I’m not sure what to do. I don’t know when I’ll be able to get him into an eye doctor and tomorrow is Sunday. Should I wait to see if it’s better in the AM? Should I take him to the ER tomorrow or tonight? I don’t know what to do

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

He’s had them for 12 hours. Light makes it worse. Darkness helps and closing his eye

10/22/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello I'm Dr Chip

He may have a corneal abrasion

That isn't an emergency situation but he needs to be examined--a walk-in clinic doctor can do that

If he does he'll need antibiotic eye ointment and an eye patch for a few days

For now if possible he ought to have an eye patch over the lid closed eye to ease his discomfort

Please let me know if you need any more information

Ok. So, I’ll take him to a clinic tomorrow then. I just wanted to be sure I didn’t need to take him to the ER tonight

No need for the ER--tomorrow will be fine Nancy

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)