Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have glaucoma, pressure in both eyes has been 12 to 15 for…

Customer Question
I have glaucoma, pressure...

I have glaucoma, pressure in both eyes has been 12 to 15 for last five yrs, and no nerve damage. Almost 2 1/2 mos ago I had laser surg to remove cataract on my rt eye. Ever since surg, press in rt eye has been high and vision in rt eye is sometimes good and sometimes terrible. The same afternoon after morn surg press rt eye was 48 and for about 3 weeks press was above 30. Since then it's been 24 to 30 even with the addition of two more drops. Three different doctors have dialated rt eye and find nothing wrong. I'm very frustrated! Left eye press still 12 - 15 and vision the same. Any suggestions on possible reasons for these issues?

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

I've had my eyes checked about 12 times in the last 2 1/2 mos and the vision in rt eye is still now as I described, inconsistent.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am diabetic, but there is no diabetic damage to nerves. My A1C earlier this week was 7.0, which has improved a little from the last two A1C tests of 7.2 and 7.4

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
10/20/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

it doesn't sound like you have had an MRI scan or CT scan of the muscles and tissues around your eye? this in rare cases can increase pressure and affect vision.

it sounds like all of your problems of the right eye started after your laser surgery for cataracts. this sometimes can cause scar tissue in the eye and affect vision and eye pressure. who did the cataract surgery? your eye doctor you see regularly?

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician