Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I was at a salon for hair removal and they were using an ipl

Customer Question
Hello, I was at a...
Hello, I was at a salon for hair removal and they were using an ipl machine. I was wearing the provided googles and sitting up. The person administering the treatment accidentally discharged the machine. I wasn’t looking directly at the unit at the time and the unit delivering the light was about an arms length from me. I am curious if there is any risk of eye damage at all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The machine was an ipl beauty equipment epl500.
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/19/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 1 month ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Thank you for your query .

The Intense Pulse light is not a laser spectrum and hence does not cause any blindness or retinal direct damage.

It will not cause any risk or damage to eye .

If you were not directly looking then there is nothing to worry

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello thank you for your response.
Out of interest, if for example I was looking directly at it, would that be an issue.
Thanking you

Not an issue.

Do not worry

I am 100 % sure

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned ?

If you Agree with what I have mentioned, would you like me to release the rating service application on your page so you can leave me a feedback for my opinion provided

Eye Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 26 days ago

I have released the rating service application on your page .

Please do leave me a feedback for my opinion provided.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist