Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I woke up this morning with my right eye tearing. I has been…

Customer Question
I woke up this...

I woke up this morning with my right eye tearing. I has been tearing a lot since 4am and is now blood shot red and continues to tear up. Are there eye drops that may help

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

I had the same thing on Saturday but then Sunday my eyes were clear, not red and back to normal. Then it happened again today

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have been fighting a cold for about 1 month. I wear contacts but taking them out does not seem to help or hurt the tearing

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Eye
10/18/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

This sounds like irritation from your cold and not conjunctivitis. May I suggest you purchase over the counter Boric Acid Eye Wash and use 3 times daily. Also, keep your contacts out of your eyes for 48 hours. You may also have allergies that are causing your cold symptoms, so Claritin or Zyrtec may help. If your eye problem continues past 48 hours or gets worse then a visit to your doctor or eye specialist is suggested.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor