Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Now and then, I get itching under my arms. There is no rash,

Customer Question
Now and then, I get...
Now and then, I get itching under my arms. There is no rash, I don't use deodorants and I don't put soap under my arms. I just use clean water to wash them. So far I haven't found anything that is a pattern to me, such as a type of material I wear that creates the itching.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: I have reactive inflammatory arthritis, Sjogren's Syndrome, and some psoriasis that is not too bad. I don't put anything on it when it starts itching, and it eventually goes away. But it bothers me for a couple of days at a time. I'm 66, female, and other than the above I am in pretty good health. The sjogren' s has destroyed my teeth and I have to wear dentures, and I have chronic inflammation of my corneas due to dry eyes. I am being treated by 2 eye specialists, one for the dry eyes (we just cauterized my bot***** *****ds and am due for the top lids) and the 2nd specialist is working on my eye pressure, which is bad.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Can't think of anything else.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
10/17/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 month ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

sjorgren's syndrome is an autoimmune condition where antibodies can attack your eyes and nose and oral mucosal to cause dry eye and dry mucosas

the itchiness under your arm pit could also be due to an autoimmune process where your body is making antibodies which can inflame the skin under your arm pits periodically.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist