Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Have been told i have a wondering eye, when reading words…

Customer Question
Have been told i...

Have been told i have a wondering eye, when reading words blend together on the page hard to follow the line. Suffer with chronic head and neck pain

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

Headaches all my life but just in the last 5 years neck and shoulder are in pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Severe clenching of jaw

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
10/17/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you are having visual problems.

Sounds like you have two different problems. You "wandering eye" (amblyopia) is most likely a muscle problem and may resolve with exercises that can be prescribed by an Opthalmologist. So may I suggest you schedule an appointment to have it evaluated and treated.

Your second problem, the neck and shoulder pain is most likely chronic muscle spasm. Do you sit in front of a computer for long periods? If so, get up and stretch every hour for 5 minutes (rolling your neck, shrugging your shoulders, outstretching your arms and rotating them forward and backward 20 times each). Also, take Advil or Aleve and apply warm moist heat to your upper back and neck as often as possible. The jaw clenching should also be helped when your neck muscles are relaxed.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Any additional thoughts, questions?