Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Out of nowhere I seem to have a line of blurry vision in…

Out of nowhere I...

Out of nowhere I seem to have a line of blurry vision in both eyes that is really disorienting

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?

Started about 5 minutes ago out of nowhere I do have a little bit of a headache too

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have no migraine history and the only issue with vision is an plate I have under my eye from an injury that was sustained about 15 years ago

10/12/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Sorry for the delay

Can you please tell me what you mean by a line of blurry vision?

It looks like I looked into a bright light. Kind of like after looking at a camera flash
It's almost gone away now but it was really strange.

OK

That sounds like one of two possibilities--

Vitreous humor detachment--a shift in the density of the jelly in your eye that's tugging on your retina

Or actually a partial retina detachment

You need to see an eye doctor as soon as possible to get this checked out

Please let me know if you need any more information

If it was one of these would it have completely gone away in 15 minutes?

Yes it can and it may only be the vitreous detachment

But you really need to get it checked out

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)