Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I think my eye doctor gave me a wrong prescription. I order

Hello, I think my eye...
Hello, I think my eye doctor gave me a wrong prescription. I order glasses online from 2 different retailers and when I got them I see worse with glasses than without them
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: 3 weeks ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
10/6/2017
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Have you had the glasses checked at an optical shop to make sure they were made correctly and to the right prescription?

What is your new eyeglass rx?

What was your old eyeglass Rx?

how old are you?

M/F?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Did you just ask your eye doctor to send you a copy of your glasses Rx, or was the prescription handed to you right after an exam and refraction?

Hi Dr Rick
Attached my new eyeglass RX. I do not have the old one.
I am female, 48 years old.
I do not have any other problems.
The RX was handed to me right after an exam and refraction
I ordered the glasses from 2 different online stores and both are glasses made me see worse.

Thank you for that additional information and Rx.

That is not much of a distance Rx.......

Also, it is noted on the Rx that this prescription is for reading only. As such the optical shop that made your new glasses most likely set them up for reading only.......you will just see a blurry mess in the distance, but would be able to easily read with them if this is the case.

If you have them there with you, put them on:

How is your distance vision across the room? Should be poor if I am correct.

How is your reading vision/computer screen? Should be pretty good....

Is this what you are experiencing?

.

I have to get started with morning clinic.

If you want distance/near glasses you will have to ask your ophthalmologist to re-write your Rx for you as bifocals or progressive glasses. No new exam should be needed.

You might also want to take your glasses to him and have his optician check them out to make sure they are correct. He won't mind that you purchased them online.

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi Dr. Rick,
These glasses are for reading only and I know I must see blurry from the distance. I had a pair before and these were supposed to be stronger. I see blurry when I am trying to read, even worse than when I am not wearing them, which makes no sense.
I called the doctor's office and they asked me to bring the glasses so a technician can check them out.
Thanks
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD