Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I HAVE A HEADACHE THAT IS FEELS LIKE A HANDOVER. THERE IS…

Customer Question
I HAVE A HEADACHE...

I HAVE A HEADACHE THAT IS FEELS LIKE A HANDOVER. THERE IS DIZZYNESS, DRY EYES AND NASAL PASSAGES, ALSO, I HAVE A PULSE IN MY SCALP.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

ALL THE TIME FOR LAST TWO WEEKS. I HAD A DIZZY SPELL GOING TO THE BATHROOM AT 3 AM THAT INCLUDED A COLD SWEET. IT LASTED ABOUT 5 MINUTES AND SINCE THEN I HAVE HAD THIS LOW GRADE "HANGOVER" TYPE HEADACHE. NAUSEA ONLY DURING THAT FIRST EPISODE

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

MEDS, METFORMIN, TERAZOSIN, ZOLOFT. NO HX OF EARACHES

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Eye
10/5/2017
Eye Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.comThis is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.
I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.
Thank you for your patience.
Answers here are for education and information only
Have you taken any medications for the headache?
Have you seen a doctor yet for these symptoms?
I HAVE TRIED ALIVE AND MECLIZINE WITH NO RELIEF
On a scale of 0 to 10, how bad is your headache?
Do you have any fever or chills or cough?
I have not seen physician
Ok, and how severe is the pain and do you have any other symptoms ?
I AM NOT CALLING YOU. ARE YOU STILL HERE?
THE HEADACHE FEELS LIKE A LOW GRADE HANGOVER, PAIN MOSTLY IN FRONTAL SINUS AREA BUT RADIATES AROUND THE SCALP. EYES ARE DRY AS WELL AS NASAL CAVITY
Still here. So low level headache with dry feeling in the nose. Have you taken any pain medicines for the headache?
Tried Alleve and Meclozine. No help with meds. HAVE NO TEARS WITH DRY NASAL CAVITY ALSO
Have you tried a nasal rinse or netti pot for the nose?
Or a humidifier?
NOT YET.
It sounds like this is a sinus headache and either a nasal saline rinse, netti pot or humidifier can help,the dry feeling and headache.Does that make sense?
PROBABLY IS. ANY IDEAS ON SCALP PAIN THROBBING AND RINGING IN THE EARS?
If viral infection and inflammation or irritation of Eustachian tube, then that could explain ears and scalp.However, if not better in 48hoird, I would recommend making an appointment with your doctor or in an urgent Care.Does that make sense?
I have appt with neurologist on 19 OCT but wanted to run this by a GP. Thanks
You are welcome. I hope you feel better soon!