Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I made the mistake of looking up during the eclipse in

Customer Question
I made the mistake...

I made the mistake of looking up during the eclipse in August, ever since my left I get sore and very tired instantly unless I keep it patched up. From what I can tell it seems like the iris sphincter was overworked. It was visually checked by an optometrist, and he didn't seem to see any damage but gave me some anti-inflammatory eyedrops. They don't seem to be doing anything. Just wondering if strain on the iris sphincter should eventually heal or if I'm probably stuck like this forever.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

About a month, if I keep it covered up or close my eyes for a long time in a dark room the pain goes away.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really, I've always had perfect 2020 vision. I still did when I got checked a few days ago. It's just that my eye always feels tired and lazy and sore.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Eye
edit)...ever since my left eye gets sore...
Also, I've only been patching up my eye for about a week. I may have aggravated the issue by making the Iris work even after it had been injured. Although the symptoms have been pretty consistent.
10/5/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you have any visual impairment ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

No my vision is perfect, it's just that ever since the eclipse my high gets tired very quickly.

Have you put any muscle relaxant eye drops ?

No, he prescribed an anti-inflammatory mix with an antibiotic. Maybe he wanted to make sure it wasn't an infection firsts. But those don't seem to be doing anything. I'm going to ask him if there is a muscle relaxant he can prescribe tomorrow.
brand name = tobradex

Mydrilate eye drops contain the active ingredient cyclopentolate, which is a type of medicine called an anticholinergic (or antimuscarinic)

This medication can help relax the muscles in case of iritis or inflammation of iris.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.