Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have been on oral antibiotics for 6 weeks and still have…

Customer Question
I have been on...

I have been on oral antibiotics for 6 weeks and still have an inflamed lid. 2 weeks ago my infected stye was lanced and so the bump is gone but it is still red. What should I do? I apply hot compresses several times a day and also wash my lids twice daily. Thanks.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

6 weeks. I took Cipro for 10 days and the first stye went away but came back after a week. This happened a second time with the same treatment. A stye returned a third time and we waited too long to go back on antibiotics and it became severely infected. Now it is just not improving at all.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Such as?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a picture?

just click send to reply