Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

What does it mean when a child's of the eyes are blue hued.

Customer Question
What does it mean...

What does it mean when a child's white of the eyes are blue hued.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

No - just concerned with grandchild

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No - she's a healthy 3 year old

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
10/1/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

The most common cause of a blue appearance to the sclera (the white part of the eye) in a child is the fact that the normal thinness of the layers of eye allow the darker color of the underlying tissues to be seen through the white of the eye, thus creating the blue hue that is often seen in the infant eye. As the child grows and the sclera matures the blue hue will gradually disappear. There are other more serious causes of blue sclera, but fortunately these other causes are uncommon ( e.g osteogenesis imperfecta, phenylketonuria etc ).

I hope your query is addressed.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Kind regards

Dear customer its to request you to please leave a positive rating for my service as that will ensure i get my due share for my work.

Thanking in anticipation.

Kind regards

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor