Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Left ear burns and left eye pain. Slight dizzy no fever. I…

Customer Question
Left ear burns and...

Left ear burns and left eye pain

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?

Slight dizzy no fever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have gerd

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/30/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. I just cam eonline to see that you have been waiting for sometime so ill quickly answer this question for you. Actually there are a couple fo conditions which can cause this sort of problem. the first one which comes to mind is that you could have trigeminal neuralgia which is a condition in which there is damage to the trigeminal nerve which supplies the face including the eye. It can be diagnosed with the help of a clinical examination and also with the help of clinical tests. This would be treated with the help of medications like carbamezapine which usually controls the symptoms effectively.

Another cause of this could be associated with damage to another one of the nerves in the area, this would be diagnosed with a NCS/EMG test and then treated with medications like lyrica or neurontin. Usually this can occur after a viral infection in many cases.

Lastly this can also be due to a problem with the brain especially if there is impairment in the hearing and dizziness AND the symptoms are persistent after a couple of weeks then you should get a MRI of the brain done. Secondly, you should also consider using OTC ibuprofen at a dose of 600 mg thrice daily but if that does not help then you should have this evaluated.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.