Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Right lower eyelid has been swollen and puffy for a week…

Customer Question
Right lower eyelid has...

Right lower eyelid has been swollen and puffy for a week now. No pain, no burning or itching. I've been using otc eye drops for a few days now and eye is stil very swollen. But like I said no pain or itching or burning or discharge. It only hurts when I press on it. Do you have any suggestions for treating this or what could be causing it? I've looked for eyelashes poking my eye and there are none.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

7 days now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I'm in good health.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
9/29/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 7 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

I did

Sorry for the delay

Doesn't look like a stye--infection

This is a chalazion--basically a blocked gland causing a cyst.

Most often then go away with warm compresses but in your case you may need to see a doctor for a cortisone injection to get it to resolve

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)