Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Dr Rick As per our conversation the other day. My retina

Dr Rick As per our conversation...
Dr Rick
As per our conversation the other day. My retina specialist was out of town all next week so I went and saw my ophthamologist. He went ahead and did an optimap scan of my left and right eye. He then dilated the right eye and spent a good bit checking all in my right eye under dilation. He said everything looked good, the laser is tacked down well and scarring looks great. As for being able to see the curve/crescent shape and a new steak when I look up outside he said it could be the edge of laser, but he said you or my retina specialist might know more but he said there is zero sign of pathology in my eye. He did say to ask since my pupil never came down to normal size if it could create some of the problems with the blind spot seeming larger than going away? He felt that anxiety could certainly cause streaks or the feeling that I saw something out of the corner of my eye, basically it magnifies sensations :(Im just miffed by why the crescent shape is back, with a new little streak. DO you feel that going to see my retina specialist would do any good or would nothing else be accomplished bc the ophthalmologist was through with scans and dilation and took his time?...he seems to know his stuff. Basically is there anything else a specialist is going to do or say that my doc didn't? He said that all this is very anxiety producing bc well its my sight :)
Thanks Doc and have great weekend
9/29/2017
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Sounds like everything is OK. I trust the exam the general ophthalmologist did.

The large pupil could very well be the source of what you are seeing.

In any event, given the clean bill of eye health you were just given I feel very confident that you have nothing to worry about when it comes to this eye.

Unfortunately, this means you will have to find something else to be anxious about ;)

All kidding aside, you are doing very well....but may have to put up with this curve/crescent shape and a new steak thing for the rest of your life......not bad considering that you are not going to go blind, eh?

You need not go to your retina doc given what you have posted and the excellent exam your general ophthalmologist did.

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Have a great weekend :)

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
This is what my ophthalmologist said that examines my eyes last week. For whatever reason, what she said about always having fluctuation made me take comfort, I believe you’ve said the same :)
“I'm not concerned! I think given the status of that eye you're always going to have some fluctuation bc technically you do still have part of your retina that is not attached. But that laser barricade is so strong and thick i think you're in good shape!”
Sorry it took long to leave feedback

I agree with your ophthalmologist :)

Have a good week.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD