Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter went blind in one eye on 072217, she was

Customer Question
My daughter went blind...

My daughter went blind in one eye on 072217, she was hospitalized for 5 days on heavy steroids, they called it optic neuritis however after mri, cat scan, lumber tap no abnormities on any of the tests except the mri of the eye she went to dr today and the inflammation is worst and some is entering the left eye

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

Vision decreased because of this situation.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Eye
9/29/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Very sorry to hear about that .

If steroids have failed to improve the inflammation then next option is plasma exchange. Its a procedure thats carried out in multiple sessions where patient's own plasma ( part of blood) is exchanged with FFPs or new plasma thus removing the factors causing his eye inflammation.

I hope your son improves with PEX .

Let me know if you have any further queries

hope it was helpful.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Kind regards