Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I'm not sure what is causing my eye conditions and I'm

Customer Question
Hi, I'm not sure...

Hi, I'm not sure what is causing my eye conditions and I'm trying to rule out anything internal and very serious

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

I have ptosis in one eye, dust mites allergies, but my other eye feels heavy in the outer corner and it feels like something is pushing on it it almost looks like ptosis as well but very different from the other eye, because this one seems to start from eye brow vision is blurry & changes i even had MRI done to rule out anything really bad because 3 eye doctors looked in my eyes and don't see anything

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am on levocetirizine for allergies, using antibiotic for dry eye and eye drops for allergies I also started medication to treat my rosacea oral medication this time but this condition is not going away for a year now...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
9/29/2017
Eye Doctor: MD Doc, Dr replied 7 months ago
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr

Welcome to just answer

Could you give some more information regarding your question -

- kindly specify your age and gender?

- did you have ptosis since birth?

- how do the eye doctors grade your ptosis - mild, moderate, sever?

- how is the vision in both the eyes?

- In the eye without ptosis, you are having blurring of vision? any other problem?

Regards

Female, 27, ptosis is probably mild in my right eye, didn't have it all my life, started noticing it a little over a year ago, didn't cause me any pain when happened, but I felt like that eye was less active in trying to see things, it is harder for me to move that eye up and to the right and if I close my eyes I feel like it is looking more down than my other eye, if I try to move my eyes in circles i feel slight pain on the back of my eye when I move it right & up. However, my left eye is causing me more suffering and it happend kind of instantly last year (maybe I did not notice it earlier). Last year one one specific day (I studied almost all night & then met a cousin, we went to eat outside & it was kind of a cold, windy October day) it started itching pretty bad, felt like there was foreign body in my eye but nothing was there & there was white fluid coming out of my left eye pretty instantly and eyes turned red, this happened to the right eye as well but milder. I went to the doctor, they gave me steroid eye drops for few days for both eyes. It seemed like it relieved the symptoms but this came back shortly after I started usibg steroids. Eye doctor told me it is belpharitis and told me to wash my eyes with shampoo etc & that it should go away. It did not go away, it persisted and made my life pretty miserable. My eyes would not get better in the morning & I felt like all forehead is pushing on my eyes. I work in the office & it got so bad that i thought I would have to quit because I could not look on my computer in the morning. Eventually i got diagnosed with mild dust mite allergies and it sligtly helped when I started taking levocetirizine for allergies, i bought special bedding, i don't have carpets at home but i have at work... however, ever since this started I don't think my eyes ever felt like they were not swallen & now my left eye (the one that used to not have ptosis and looked better & had better vision) keeps feeling heavy from left top corner & it looks like my eye brow dropped & i have excessive skin there. I need to know what is causing this because if it comes to it I can look into a surgery to correct this but my eyes still feel irritated and i'' afraid that there might be somethibg internal causing this and that if this is the case it all can come back even if i do the surgery.. i did cat scan and patch test to see if i am allergic to anything & whether there are sinusis causing the pressure but nothing really came back. I don't know what else to check... but my eye are still slightly swallen and red (while im using eye drops for allergies and antibiotic for dry eye) and sometimes they feel burning as well. It is not too noticable to others probably because of all other medication but it is very noticable to me. I also havenMt really been using make up for a year now.. i don't know what else I can check or what kind of doctor I can go to who can evaluate my overall situation and suggest something...

Thanks for the detailed information and I apologise for a delayed response.

From the history it seems you have two problems - one is ptosis in the right eye (1 year old) and the other is an allergy in both eyes.

If you are having dust mite allergies, then you need to be put on anti-allergy eye drops. You have been already given steroid drops. But steroid drops cannot be continued for long. Along with the steroid drops you need mast cell stabilizer eye drops like pataday, which can be used for longer duration. So, in short, a combination of steroid eye drops, mast cell stabilizer eye drops, and lubricating eye drops usually work for an eye allergy. The swelling around your eyes will also go down once the allergy resolves

As far as ptosis is concerned, it needs to be further investigated. If you are having ptosis with restricted movement of eye in a particular direction, then there might be a nerve getting involved.

Hope this information is helpful

Regards

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Cheers

MD Doc
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr