Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Second opinion] Rick, have my cataract operation three days…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi Dr...

Second opinion] Hi Dr. Rick, have my cataract operation three days ago. Part of my complain prior to operation are the cloudy eye sight, blinded by car headlights during night driving and the big oval shaped shade blocking my eye sight from the cent

Doctor's Assistant: Have you experienced any changes or blurriness in your vision? Eye pain? Are your eyes dry or bloodshot?

Blurriness, yes. But after the operation - the reading distance is sharp but as it goes further its becoming out of focus although sight is now clear. Haven't experienced eye pain, dryness or bloodshot. The one that was operated is only my left eye. All that I'm telling pertains only to my left eye.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have not experienced any pain before and after my eye operation.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Told it to my Doctor that I'm taking medicines for hypertensions.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 3 days by:
10/2/2017
Eye Doctor: MD Doc, Dr replied 7 months ago
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr

Welcome to just answer

After a cataract surgery, usually there is oedema in the cornea (black portion of eye), which takes a few days to resolve. As the oedema resolves with use of prescribed eye drops, the vision slowly becomes sharper. If you have had no pain, redness after your cataract surgery, then it is was an uncomplicated successful surgery. It take a week to 10 days for most of the oedema to resolve. Once it resolves, your vision will become sharper.

Hope this information is helpful

Regards

Welcome to just answer

Hope this information is helpful

Regards

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Cheers

MD Doc
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr