Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I went to see my eye doctor due to much pain in my eyes. He…

I went to see...

I went to see my eye doctor due to much pain in my eyes. He said there was fluid in the whites of my eyes and prescribed lotomax 3 times a day in both eyes. The pain is still there and I am sensitive to light and my eyeballs hurt. I was recently tested for allergies of many trees, weeds, etc. I take clariten, and had a shot that is supposed to last three months. I also take a nasal spray every morning. Why do my eyes hurt so much

Doctor's Assistant: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?

My vision is blurry, I have had a recurrence of floaters, hard to focus

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

That is about it. This is a sudden onset of allergies. I get tested every year for glaucoma, ruled out. slight increase in pressure to the eyes

9/27/2017
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

How old are you?

How long has this been going on?

Do you wear contacts?

Can you upload a picture?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

I will be 63 on November 6. Two years ago, I experienced a PVD while in Arizona. I went to a retinal specialist. The floaters eventually got to the point I did not notice them. My eye issues really started at the end of August along with all of the allergies. I only take crestor and lexapro which I have been been on for years. I take a multivitamin and glucogosomene. I do have back problems and that is an ongoing issue. I wear glasses and cannot wear contacts. I had a shot for my allergies about three weeks ago. Im allergic to Maple, Sycamore, Oak, Poplar, Cottonwood, etc, weeds, molds, dust mites etc. I use a nasal inhaler once in the morning. That's it. Otherwise, Im healthy. I can try to upload a photo. I am a very active person. Im not overweight. Im retired but now am president of my Jewish congregation. I am a licensed social worker. I do not like being in the house which is difficult due to being so active. Thanks. The only other medical issues are meniscus issue with left knee.

Were you seen by an optometrist or an ophthalmologist?

Does it hurt in your eyes when you look at a bright light (light bulb or the sun)?

Are things any better on the lotemax?

Optometrist. Bright lights hurt my eyes. I feel somewhat soothed by the lotamax.

You need to see an ophthalmologist.

From what you have posted you could have inflammation inside your eyeball (uveitis), which is beyond the training of an optometrist to diagnose and treat.

I would try to get to see an Eye MD today.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD