Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Well I am seeing floaters and squiggly lines in my left eye.

Customer Question
Well I am seeing...

Well I am seeing floaters and squiggly lines in my left eye. I went to the eye doctor a few months ago and she said it wa fine. But now from time to time my vision is blurry, like I have something in my eye, but there's nothing in it. Also, I can see the dots reflecting from the sun and they look like orange cells.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?

Months, probably like 4-5. I don't really get headaches. But the eye problems are becoming more frequent

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My dad said there is family history of galcoma (sp) and he's had cataract surgery. My grandpa died of a Brian tumor at 55. I'm 33.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Eye
9/27/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

I understand your concern for cataract and glaucoma dear Barbara however its relatively unlikely at your age. But the floaters/ dots you see could be suggestive of what we call posterior vitreous detachment. Vitreous is a jelly at back of our eye between lens and retina. So if it comes off or detaches from retina then such symptoms can appear. It can be potentially blinding if not addressed urgently. So i recommend you to get your eyes examined once more to rule out this serious cause.

Having said that ,its common still to get floaters in absence of PVD and might be totally benign. But in my view one shouldnt take a chance with something like PVD which is treatable.

I hope it was helpful.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.