Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a sudden onset of prisms in my vision. They

Customer Question
Hello, I have had...

Hello, I have had a sudden onset of prisms in my vision. They appear in both eyes in the same area. It has been going for about 20 minutes and appears to be getting larger making vision a little difficult

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

I usually get them checked once a year, last one was under 12 months ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Vision is fine nothing in my medical history

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/25/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. I just came online to see that you had been waiting for sometime so ill quickly answer this question for you. There are a few conditions which can cause these sort of symptoms. The first one is that you could be experiencing an ocular migraine. A typical migraine headache starts with shimmering lights, often times they surround a blurry area or have dots or jaggedly lines associated with them. They tend to progressively increase in intensity and sometimes march across the visual field causing difficulty with reading. It can also be accompanied by nausea, irritability, sensitivity to bright lights etc . Usually after this you can experience a headache however many a time you MAY NOT experience a headache at all and in that case it is called an acephalgic migraine. It can occur in almost any stage of your life which can lead to these sort of symptoms occurring.

Now apart from this it can also be due to other eye related disorders like vitreous hemorrhages or even an infection. Now the main thing is that if it is STILL persistent then you should get this evaluated by visiting urgent care as soon as possible.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor