Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

It's not terrible but I feel my vision gets a lil fuzzy in…

Customer Question
It's not terrible but I...
It's not terrible but I feel my vision gets a lil fuzzy in one eye. I refocus and its good for awhile but something doesn't feel right. Please not I have been under a lot of stress and the weather has changed so my sinuses are acting up.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
9/23/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask how long have you been having the blurring of vision? Does it occur often? Any flashes of light or floaters in your vision (black lines or blobs?)

Just started yesterday. I was doing fine and I just noticed it. No floaters, blobs, blacklines or anything like that. I haven't been getting much sleep and have been under a lot of stress lately
I wear contacts btw
I don't really notice it when my contacts or out. Only when I'm wearing them

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins. If you get a phone call request, that is an automated site response. I DID NOT send it. Thanks!

Do you think it just might be my anxiety or stress or being over tired?

Actually from what you are describing it sounds like that the slightly fuzzy vision is likely to be the result of stress and the lack of sleep that you have mentioned. The reason being that you dont havce any of the serious symptoms which would have caused me to consider any serious conditions like retinal detachment or vitreous hemorrhage. if you had flashes of light or floaters etc that would have been a serious issue. Now i think if you try to cut down on the stress and also try to get some rest the blurry vision is likely to improve quite easily.

If only this persists for another day or two EVEN after resting and cutting down on your anxiety THEN i would suggest that you have this evaluated by visiting your doctor for other possibilities. if you also develop any weakness or nubness in the limbs then you should proceed immediately to the ER.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

I've always had little floaters but I barely get them.
When my contacts are in, no floaters appear just a slight blurriness and then I'll adjust my eyes and it goes back to normal. Just frustrating because I'm trying to watch a movie and its annoying
Are you there?

yes i am here, writing down your response, just a few mins

Ok

Sorry for the late reply, i was called away on a consult.

Anyway the minor floaters are not likely to be dangerous as they can be associated with the contacts. The blurriness is likely to be due to the stress at the moment, the symtoms that you have descerubved are not worrisome for the time being. If the blurring of vision persists for beyond 48 hours in your situation or if there are other synmptoms like headaches along with speech difficulties etc then i would get evaluated for brain conditions but at the moment i would not be worried.

Do you have any more questions?

No that's it. Definitely no slurred speech or headaches. Sinuses are acting and I have head pressure in my forehead but that's it

Then it is likely that is related to lack of sleep and stress.

Do you have any more questions?

stress can really mess with your eye sight like that?

Yes it can in some situations BUT if it is persistent and goes beyond 24 hours then IT SHOULD Be evaluated at all costs.

Do you have any more questions?

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating

I just don't understand why it started happening. I was completely fine yesterday. If I adjust my eyes it will go away. Do you think it could just an eye strain?
Eye was doing ok but trying to watch movie on my phone and it became fuzzy. I don't have a brain tumor do I? Not a stroke?

If you had a brain tumor then you would have symptoms like headaches, nausea or vomiting or even numbness or weakness in the limbs. The same goes for a stroke, it can be eye strain HOWEVER as i said if this sensation persists in the morning as well then you should DEFINITELY get this evaluated for potential eye problems.

Do you have any more questions?

Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor