Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I may have sent this earlier so apologize if I did so. I hit…

Customer Question
I may have sent...

I may have sent this earlier so apologize if I did so. I hit my eyebrow on a shelf several days ago. The bone along there is okay except a lot sensitive when touched. I had bleeding in the right corner which I presume was a small blood vessel. I used an ice pack every twenty minutes during the day. Today the whole eye area has the blood spread around and I would appreciate knowing if it will heal on its own. This happened on Wednesday. Thank you so much.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Perfect

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Eye
9/23/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually usually it can take upto 2 weeks for the bruising in the area to completely disappear, the important point is that if the swelling is settling down and the bruising is NOT spreading any further and your vision is not affected whatsoever then you can safely wait for this to disappear over time. You can continue to apply warm compresses on the area which helps in the reabsorption of the static blood inside the tissues which is causing the bruising.

Also if you have a picture that you can attach here, that will give me a better idea as to the best course of action here. Ill be awaiting your response.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.