Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a little swelling in the part of my eye after

Customer Question
I have a little...

I have a little swelling in the white white part of my eye after rubbing

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No injuries. Just happened an hour ago. The redness is less now but I can feel a little bubble in my eye

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Thanks so much!!

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/21/2017
Eye Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 9 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician and I am happy to help you. Did you get anything like dust or other small object in the eye? Do you have seasonal allergies?
If possible, can you send a picture of the affected eye?
Eye Doctor: MD Doc, Dr replied 8 months ago
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr

Welcome to just answer.

There are a few possibilities in your case -

- there might be a foreign body in your eye which might be causing the irritation and swelling in the eye

- allergy - itching can be due to seasonal allergy which again can cause swelling in the white portion of the eye (conjunctiva)

- Other possibilities like cyst or ptregyum in the white portion of the eye.

I would advise you to use lubricating and anti-allergy eye drops that are available over the counter.

Lubricating eye drops like refresh tears/optive/systane eye drops 3-5 times a day

Anti-allergy eye drops like visin-A 2-3 times a day

If there is no improvement or worsening, then you need to consult an eye specialist for a need to rule out a foreign body.

Hop[e this information is helpful

Regards

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Cheers