How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MD Doc Your Own Question
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 8123
Experience:  MD since 1994
Type Your Eye Question Here...
MD Doc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a little swelling in the part of my eye after

Customer Question

I have a little swelling in the white white part of my eye after rubbing
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: No injuries. Just happened an hour ago. The redness is less now but I can feel a little bubble in my eye
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Thanks so much!!
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Richard Han replied 28 days ago.
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician and I am happy to help you. Did you get anything like dust or other small object in the eye? Do you have seasonal allergies?
Expert:  Richard Han replied 28 days ago.
If possible, can you send a picture of the affected eye?
Expert:  MD Doc replied 26 days ago.


Welcome to just answer.

There are a few possibilities in your case -

- there might be a foreign body in your eye which might be causing the irritation and swelling in the eye

- allergy - itching can be due to seasonal allergy which again can cause swelling in the white portion of the eye (conjunctiva)

- Other possibilities like cyst or ptregyum in the white portion of the eye.

I would advise you to use lubricating and anti-allergy eye drops that are available over the counter.

Lubricating eye drops like refresh tears/optive/systane eye drops 3-5 times a day

Anti-allergy eye drops like visin-A 2-3 times a day

If there is no improvement or worsening, then you need to consult an eye specialist for a need to rule out a foreign body.

Hop[e this information is helpful


Expert:  MD Doc replied 24 days ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Cheers