Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have had sharp pain at the bone brow of my left eye. It…

Customer Question
I have had sharp...

I have had sharp pain at the bone brow of my left eye. It was not constant in the am until today

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

2 days started noon on Monday then after waking Tuesday was gone. Then started midday Tuesday. This am I can feel it again. Advil helps

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am on warfarin, heart valve replacement, just got over a nasty chest and head cold that last for 30 days and required multiple antibiotics but have been fine fir a few weeks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Eye
9/20/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

how old are you?

M/F?

Is there any spot tenderness, lump, redness etc

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Male and I never seen any answer but I was charged
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago

You may be at the beginning of a viral outbreak in this area, either Zoster, HSV etc.

You might also have a stye starting to form in this area.

You could try warm compresses and artificial tears.

If it gets worse or doesn't go away the only real way to get figure out exactly what is going on would be with a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS