Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My vet prescribed a product called osurnia for my dogs ears…

Customer Question
Hi,My vet prescribed a product...
Hi,My vet prescribed a product called osurnia for my dogs ears and whilst trying to apply it some accidentally went in my eye. The active ingredients I am told are turbinafine, florfenicol and betamethisone . I have rinsed with water but I am concerned if this will damage my eyesight. Please help!!
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Eye
9/20/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

What symptoms are you having?

None at this stage, but I am hoping you could advise if I should be worried?Or if I should do something?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

These ingredients may be used in the eye and are not toxic to the eye. There is no danger of damage to eyesight due to an accidental entry into the eye. You did well to rinsed it with water. As expected this accidental application to the eye will not cause any symptoms and will also not cause any short-term or long-term complications. Your eyes are safe and no harm was done. You can relax. You don't need to do anything or consult your doctor regarding this in the absence of symptoms.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Eye Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Dear customer,

Were you able to read my answer?

Did I answer your question? Please reply.

Thank you.