Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

There is a spot in my vision of the right eye. Ordinarily,

Customer Question
There is a gray...

There is a gray spot in my vision of the right eye. Ordinarily, it would be called Macular Degeneration. But my regular eye doc and a specialist both agree it isn't. A specialized x-ray of the etina shows that the retina edges just get seem to dwindle to nothing on one side and resume their dimension on the other side of the spot. I have trouble seeing at very low lights but no problems in the daytime. Could you give me some advise as to what this might be. Neither doc has any idea what has caused this.

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

About 6 months ago. I have seen this a bit more than I did before my last appointment but I think I'm just more curious about this and it may not be worsening.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetes Type 2

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
9/20/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

by special xray do you mean florescein angiogram, B/A scan etc?

How old are you?

M/F?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist