Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I am 67. I had a TIA in 2006 but none since. Today while

I am 67. I had...
I am 67. I had a TIA in 2006 but none since. Today while driving my left eye lost sight. It was like snapping a finger and having severe cataracts. Everything went milky. I pulled over as quick as possible (I have right eye glaucoma with a dominant black spot in direct view so left eye is very important). I chewed two aspirin and drank a quart of water. Within an hour my sight came back. While co.ing back the white film turned to bright star shapes. Did I have another TIA?
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Checked 8 months ago and started on Travatan for right eye glaucoma only.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really...back, knee, wrist and ear surgeries over 30 years.
9/17/2017
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Yes, these eye symptoms are suggestive of TIA.

You did well to take aspirin.

You should go to emergency room for evaluation and a CT scan / MRI.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

I was driving from San Blas to Culiacan, Mexico. I'm returning to the USA Wednesday. I'll go see my doctor then. In the meantime what is the appropriate amount of aspirin I should take daily?

You can take 75 mg aspirin which is good enough dose for prevention of the clots.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you Dr. Phophalia

You are very welcome.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/