Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I've had a headache for about two weeks now it's on to the…

Customer Question
I've had a headache...

I've had a headache for about two weeks now it's on to the right on the top of my right eye and it kind of comes and goes but it's getting kind of annoying

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

I've had a headache for about two weeks now it's on to the right on the top of my right eye and it kind of comes and goes but it's getting kind of annoying Yes it's every day and every night and I don't know if I should go to the doctor I do have two aneurysms fit there on the on my carotid artery I think

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes it's every day and every night and I don't know if I should go to the doctor I do have two aneurysms fit there on the on my carotid artery I think just now my throat got real sore I don't know I think it's just a swallowing problem but I'm 81 years old and so nothing is too surprising I guess

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Eye
9/15/2017
Eye Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I have a few more questions to ask, is that ok?

Eye Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 11 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions; the previous expert has opted out and the company has made this question available for other experts too and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you are having headaches & sore throat as you have described above and you are wondering what could be causing these new symptoms, and also wondering whether this has anything to do with the carotid artery aneurysms, and you also want to find out whether there is any need to see the doctors. As a neurologist I am very familiar with this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards,

Dr Subbanna MD

I am almost done with my typing I will follow up with you very soon.

Best Regards!

Please see there is nothing in your history that is telling us your symptoms are related to the carotid artery aneurysms

First of all aneurysms when they cause headache they cause diffuse type of headaches, meaning headache all over (due to bleeding) - instead of causing localized headaches like this, so this is most likely not related to the aneurysm you are having

While aneurysms can rarely cause localized headaches too, but in that case the headache most often corresponds to the location of the aneurysm, but in your case the headache is on the top of the eye, and only the branches of the carotid artery supply this area, not the carotid artery itself, so if carotid artery aneurysm is causing this headache then this is not the location where you expect localized headaches, rather the location will correspond to the path of the carotid artery which is along the neck and lower temple area, but not above the eye as you are having now, so this headache does not appear related to the aneurysm you are having. Also if these headaches were due to the aneurysm then these headaches are expected to be constant rather than on and off as in your case, so this also tells these headaches are not due to aneurysm.

Also the throat symptom you are having does not appear related to the aneurysm or any brain issues, because your symptom is in the form of sore feeling, this is due to a local condition within the throat itself such as infections or allergy etc causing the throat symptoms, and this does not appear coming from the brain or aneurysm etc

While these new symptoms do not appear related to the brain issues or carotid aneurysms but it is better to get this further evaluated and investigated by your doctors, preferably by a neurologist – considering these are new symptoms for you. You require a thorough neurological evaluation including a thorough neurological clinical examination followed by certain neurological investigations that may include a brain scan, an angiogram - to check the current status of the aneurysms, and also to find out the explanation for the right sided headaches, and you also need further evaluation and investigations to find out the cause for the sore throat too, and then treated appropriately depending upon the test results, but it really does not appear anything serious is causing these new symptoms.

Once again I reassure you, the new symptoms you have mentioned above do not appear secondary to any serious underlying health conditions including any brain conditions or aneurysm related, or bleeding etc. Since these are new symptoms so please try to get this further evaluated and investigated as mentioned above, an early diagnosis and treatment gives the best chance for quick & complete cure, so please try to get this further evaluated and investigated as mentioned above asap, for the best results!, but as mentioned above this really does not appear secondary to the carotid artery aneurysms you are having or any bleeding, or due any other brain issues, rather these appear secondary to some benign treatable/curable conditions, so please not to be scared.

Wishing & reassuring you a quick & complete recovery! And also Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Eye Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 10 months ago

Hi, have you received the answer I had posted above, and have you had a chance to go through the above answer?

How is the headache now? I hope you are feeling better now. The headache you had mentioned earlier certainly does not appear secondary to the carotid artery aneurysms, rather it appears some kind of benign headache as mentioned earlier.

Do you have any additional health questions? Do you want to discuss this health situation further? Please let me know and I am available here.

Assuring you the best services!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD