How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 46952
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has bells palsy. cannot eat or talk without

Customer Question

my husband has bells palsy. cannot eat or talk without holding his lip up,canno shut his eye while sleeping or awake
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Under Doctors care but they do not do anything
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Takes one blood pressure pill every day and under control
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Did they give him steroids?

how long has he had it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As far as I know no.
7 months
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Ok. This is not going to heal

I'm sorry

He is getting back all he has gotten

how old is he?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
eye check is fine and the eye affected has the best sight
He is 73 years old
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do you recommend surgery
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what do you mean he has gotten
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
guess you mean medicine is not an exact science
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
wish you would give me some hope
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Need information
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David

I am another expert here

your husband should see a neurology doctor

he should get an MRI scan of the brain and orbits

has he had a brain MRI scan yet?