Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I was washing my hair in the kitchen sink....and suddenly my…

Customer Question
Hi, I was washing...

Hi, I was washing my hair in the kitchen sink....and suddenly my left eye felt funny ....when I looked in the mirror...it was extremely blood shot. I have an appt. tomorrow w-my doctor but I'am a little worried. I can see though.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Ok, I'am 64 Yeats old .....and I take a blood pressure med.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have allergies

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Eye
Also, we just drove down from the mountains 7,000. Feet to Phoenix 1,300. Feet. I don't know if that matters.
9/11/2017
Eye Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

do you have a history of any other eye problems?

No

if the redness to the eye is localized on one side, then most likely a subconjunctival hemorrhage, which occurs when a small blood vessel on the surface of the eye bleeds a little. it is not serious and the blood will be reabsorbed in about 10 days. Here is some patient info on it here

Did my response fully answer your question?

If so, I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

do you have any more questions?