Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Wheeler. I was diagnosed with MS secondary progressive in

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I was diagnosed with MS secondary progressive in 1975. At that time I had double vision which in 3 days progressed to a squint on one side. Effectively on eye was parked looking towards nose while other eye performed as usual. I was referred to hospital. I rested for a few days in bed and gradually the eye went back by itself. I underwent numerous tests and then a lumberpuncture. It took about 5 days to recover. So c. 2 weeks in hospital I was discharged. Bout a mth later I was called for diagnosis. SPMS. In 1990, having suffered a range of new symptoms I asked for an MRI scan. This proved the original Diagnosis. Everything quietened down but always left some weakness in the area of the problems. I have since had some eye tracking problems. However it often happens when I'm a passenger in a car. This last event (yesterday)I had a stiff neck and tension in shoulders & back. After 4 hours on road we got home and had an opportunity to sit in a comfortable chair with a cup of tea. Since then everything's back to normal. Lastly At age13 involved in car accident. Hospitalised with fractured skull. In 73 fell 12-14 feet onto concrete floor. Landed on feet and back and then bounced back of head on floor. Was able to get up and recovered in offices. No medical involvement at that time. Then in 75 the MS diag. Q. What was the cause off tracking failure durring 4 hr journey in car yesterday? Your thoughts would me much appreciated.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: No nothing else
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Had heart attack 4yrs ago. Heart beating irregularly. On blood thinners for bilateral pulmonary blood clots after long haul flight from states circa 4 yrs ago.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Still need help Peter?