Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Can verified Manuka honey be used as a TEMPORARY soothing

Customer Question
agent/antimicrobial treatment for eye issues...
Can verified Manuka honey be used as a TEMPORARY soothing agent/antimicrobial treatment for eye issues? Obviously it would have to be HIGHLY diluted, as it's about as thick as molasses.... So if it can be used optically, is there any sort of dilution ratio so the medicinal benefits are still effective without the thick ooze consistency?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Eye
9/10/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 2 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Manuka honey should be avoided for eye infections / eye antimicrobial agents. It can cause dryness of conjunctiva and sclera even in diluted form.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

What, if any, are your best recommendations regarding natural remedies? Specifically: colloidal silver suspended in sterilized water, pure vitamin E oil, aloe vera juice or gel, 100% boric acid diluted in sterile water, freshly brewed chamomile tea and room temperature milk. I'm just trying to see what I can HOPEFULLY use just for tonight that's already in my home. Should be able to get to a clinic by tomorrow afternoon, but in the meantime, I'm juat really hoping there's an option you like from those I've listed.... even if I only do it overnight. If any of them are worth just trying and won't do any harm....?

Saline water can be used safely.

Majority of the eye infection and inflammation would respond to it temporarily.

Rest of any other measures should be avoided.

It is privilege assisting you.

Hope you are doing good.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl