Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I went to an optometrist a few weeks ago for my first pair

Hi, I went to an...
Hi, I went to an optometrist a few weeks ago for my first pair of contact lenses. I cannot really see the last line on the eye chart with the contact lenses prescription she gave me. She explained to me that it is going to make my eyes worse if she gave me too strong prescription. I just feel like my vision with the contact lenses she gave me is not as clear as with my glasses. Then I went to another optometrist near me. He decided to increase the power of the contact lenses and now I can see the last line of the eye chart. I am just not sure who I should believe, is it really going to make my eyes worse if the prescription is stronger? The prescription that the first optometrist gave me is Right eye: 4.75 Left eye:4.50. The second prescription is 5.25 for both eyes.
Thank you very much for answering my question.
9/9/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello I'm Dr Chip

You now have the correct prescription and even though it's a little stronger than the first, it won't in time make your vision worse

So no need for worry here

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)