Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My 12 year old started out complaining of blurry vision- ER…

Customer Question
My 12 year old...

My 12 year old started out complaining of blurry vision- ER visit diagnoses uveitis. That was 7 weeks ago. He has since had the other diagnosed as well. Struggling with day to day. He has IBS so we had his GI redo scopes to look for underlying cause. Still don Don't have one. He is on dilator eye drops and steroid drops and not better, help

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?

He has had some but not as much as eye pain with it. MRI was normal as well

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My mom has MS he has an innocent heart murmur

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Eye
9/8/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Longo, Optometrist replied 11 months ago
Dr. Longo
Dr. Longo, Optometrist
Hello, my name is*****Many medical conditions can cause uveitis. IBS is one of them. Any IBS treatments need to be re-evaluated since the inflammation is affecting him systemically. Oral steroids or another type of immunosuppressant agent may be used orally. The Doc should have run blood work for other inflammatory/autoimmune medical conditions that he may have concurrently. Uncontrolled long term uveitis can cause permemenant vision loss as it can progress to the inside of the eye. I strongly recommend seeing a uveitis specialist if none of the above has been brought to your attention.-Dr. Longo
Thank you very much!
You're welcome! =)If you are satisfied, Don't forget to accept the answer to close the conversation window. Thanks!