Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I am seeing flashes in one eye. I had a skin tightening

Hi. I am seeing...
Hi. I am seeing flashes in one eye.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: I had a skin tightening laser procedure about 3 weeks ago around my eyes and noticed my vision in one eye was not quite same after. Been a couple of years since last eye exam
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello I'm Dr Chip

How long has this been going on?

And is it constant?

Just happened tonight. It's on and off

Have you ever had it before?

Never had before but I had a laser treatment for the skin under my eye three weeks ago and that evening I noticed some floaters when I looked up and would happen occasionally but tonight is first time I have seen flashes of light. Seeing them more in the darkness. The tech did hit my eye during the procedure a couple of times

OK

This could be one of two things--

Vitreous humor detachment--a pulling of the jelly in your eyeball on the retina

Or possibly a partial retinal detachment

If it's a vitreous problem that may not be too serious but a retinal detachment needs immediate treatment

So you need to see an ophthalmologist or an optometrist as soon as you can to get this evaluated

Please let me know if you need any more information

Is it advisable to wait until morning?

Yes--it can wait but you should have it checked out tomorrow

Ok. Great. Thanks for your time!

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Phone call session started

Hi. This is Dr Rick.

I am a retina surgeon and tried to call you twice but there was no answer.

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)