Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Ive been told by my MD that I have allergies. I've had eye…

Customer Question
Ive been told by...

Ive been told by my MD that I have allergies. I've had eye pressure and headaches for close to one year now. I've done the netti pod and it burns like heck. Are these normal allergy symptoms? I get congested too but everything is on the right side of my head.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

It would be daily but with all the stuff I take I keep the pressure at bay which decreases my headaches.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No but it's a daily struggle it's everyday. I have itchy eyes but not red. Is there anything better for allergies than OTC

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
9/8/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor

Severe or recalcitrant allergies are best treated with second-generation, long acting antihistamines (eg. allegra, claritin, zyrtec) and nasal steroids (eg. flonase, nasonex). In some cases, allergy testing is needed by an allergist. If medications are not effective, injections can be given to desensitize an individual to the allergens that are provoking the symptoms. In your case, you should also request a sinus CT to look for evidence of chronic sinusitis and/or polyps on the right side, This may require a prolonged course of antibiotics and/or a referral to ENT for definitive treatment.

Thank you so much.

You're welcome. I hope this helps you find an answer and get relief soon.

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor