Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I briefly stepped outside without my sunglasses but I'm

Customer Question
I briefly stepped outside without...
I briefly stepped outside without my sunglasses but I'm worried that the exposure to UVA rays might have caused some eye damage. How long does it take for UVA rays to damage eyes? Is just a few seconds of exposure fine or will it cause permanent damage to the eye in the long-term?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Eye
8/25/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

No, it does not cause eye damage within few seconds rather everyday exposure for long time can do the damage so no worries.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Thank you. One more question Doctor. What do you think about the information online that says UVA rays can cause damage in a brief amount of time? Do you think that's false information?
I'm just worried because I don't want to get eye damage. I work mostly indoors though.

Thanks for the reply.

No, it does not cause it in seconds in otherwise healthy person. All the information online is not reliable.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.