Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My husband fell and has an egg size swelling by his eye

Customer Question
My husband fell and...

My husband fell and has an egg size swelling by his eye brow. He seems ok except for the swelling. We have put ice on it and it doesn't seem to go down

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

He fell about an hour ago on the cement. His nose was bleeding it has stopped and his eye brow instantly swelled up

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He is not on blood thinner but is diabetic si is in all the mess that go with that

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
7/31/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello I'm Dr Chip

He's got a hematoma there--a pool of blood under the skin

That by itself isn't serious and it may take several days to go away

Assuming there's no problem with his vision he'll probably be OK but he really should have a doctor take a look at this and get some x-rays to make sure he hasn't fractured his nasal bone or the bony orbit of that eye

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)