Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I had corneal transplant in 2001.I have very significant…

Customer Question
I had corneal transplant...

I had corneal transplant in 2001.I have very significant astigmatism in both eyes. I had IZON glasses in 2008 which helped but they don't make them anymore. What new glasses are on market that can get the most accurate prescription for my eyes. I wanna try digital Free Form lens? I have always had difficulty with contacts GP and Sclera didn't work. I know my vision wont be perfect but will the new digital technology help me? I had botched Lasik surgery in 01 which caused my vision problems, and my symptoms masks as Keratoconus although I don't believe I have that.

Doctor's Assistant: The Opthamologist's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

Two weeks ago contact specialty fitting but I need a good pair of glasses.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Eye
7/31/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

why did you have a corneal transplant?

Was this in one eye only?

Was the LASIK in one eye or both?

What did your contact lens doctor suggest as far as a type of glasses?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Lasik both eyes, Corneal Transplant left eye. No other medical problems. I had corneal transplant after Lasik destroyed my vision, Worse in left eye. I just want to know the most advanced digital/progressive glasses for acute astigmatism on the market. Thanks.
Also,. My IZON glasses from 2008 were the best vision I have had so far. I don't believe IZON is still in business. Can glasses be checked to see what the exact prescription is. Can they reproduce them with the same prescription even though the company that made them no longer exists? Thanks...

The digital glasses are, in the long run, no better then the normal, high quality manufactured glasses.

The best thing to do is to go to your eye doctor, get the best refraction possible, and purchase the type of lenses that she suggests.

Don't believe anything The Evil Dr. Google tries to sell you...

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD